Wednesday, December 31, 2014

All Time Best of 2014 + Changes in Blog


1. Run The Jewels 2- Run The Jewels

2. Cilvia Demo- Isaiah Rashad

3. Praise Break- Daniel Caesar

4. Days Before Rodeo- Travi$ Scott

5. Pinata- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib

6. Z- SZA

7. PARTYNEXTDOOR TWO- PARTYNEXTDOOR

8. 2014 Forest Hills Drive- J. Cole

9. Shyne Coldchain Vol. 2- Vince Staples

10. #000000 & #ffffff- The Neighbourhood

A little over three months ago, I was just a music nerd with no outlet, and then I decided to create MusicBenLikes.blogspot.com. And now, after 44 articles, and over 3.1k views, I couldn't be happier. I created this blog not just as a way for me to write about what I'm passionate about, but to share great music with my friends, and with people across the globe. And I truly hope I have accomplished that. But in 2015, I plan on some changes for the website. There will certainly be more design changes, but the biggest change as of now is the way that I will be reviewing projects. I will write a normal review, as always, but additionally add ranked criteria on a scale of 1-5, and give an average score for the project. The criteria is as follows:
1.Lyrical Skill- Does the artist craft lyrics that have a deep meaning? Lyrics that make you think, and have an actual purpose, or that tell a story will gain high points here.
2. Technical Skill- Does the way that the artist links lyrics and bars together sound great? Metaphors, puns, flows, and everything that deals with how catchy the lyrics are, and how the lyrics actually sound will go in here.
3. Production- This goes past just if the beat is good. Production that is consistent, yet not boring/redundant will gain a lot of points in this area, as will production that blends well with the lyrics.
4.   Listenability- Will this project make me want to go back and listen to it over and over again months later? This is basically a combination of lyrical skill, technical skill, and production.
5.Features- This will judge not only the featured artist's lyrical and technical skill, but also how the inclusion of a featured artist adds to the project.
6. Consistency/Theme- Is the project consistent in sound/story/mood throughout the entire project? Concept albums and projects that tell a full story will gain a lot of points here.
Thank you so much for all the support in 2014, and I can't wait to write even more in 2015. Have a happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment